- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Texas man gets 24 years for sex with 11-year-old
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- A 22-year-old Texas man has been sentenced to more than 24 years in federal prison for engaging in sexual contact with a minor.
The office of the U.S. Attorney for western Missouri said in a release Wednesday that John Paul Gamage of Houston was sentenced Tuesday to 24 years and five months without parole. The sentence requires Gamage to spend the rest of his life on supervised release after he is released from prison.
The prosecutor's office says Gamage pleaded guilty in June to traveling across state lines to engage in illicit sexual contact with a minor. The prosecutor's office says he admitted traveling to Stone County to engage in illicit sex with an 11-year-old victim and also admitted sexually assaulting a 9-year-old victim.