- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Fall Family Festival Nov.16 at Shawnee Park Center
The Cape Girardeau Parks & Recreation Department, along with the Southeast Missouri Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition, are proud to offer the second Annual Fall Family Festival at the Shawnee Park Center.
This exciting event will take place on Friday, Nov. 16 from 6 to 8 p.m. This is an all ages event, providing an opportunity for families and friends to celebrate the fall season together with plenty of outside activities, as well as indoor games for the kids.
The Fall Family Festival will include hayrides around the Shawnee Park Center facility and grounds, and a hot dog and marshmallow roast. The hayride and all food and drink items are $1 each, including hot dogs, s'mores, and hot chocolate. The Southeast Missouri Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition will be offering indoor video games free of charge with the purchase of a hayride ticket. Prizes will be awarded. All Fall Family Festival tickets will be available at the door on Nov. 16.
The nonprofit coalition's mission is joining together in a common effort to build a healthy and safe community, reducing the risks of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs while promoting the healthy attitudes and behaviors of youth in southeast Missouri. The coalition is primarily made up of community volunteers committed to reducing youth substance abuse.
Shawnee Park Center offers many, fun, fitness-filled activities for all ages. Their fitness room is open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 9 p.m. They also conduct several classes for children and adults that can be found in the fall 2012 Parks and Recreation Guide. The Shawnee Park Center is also available for birthday parties.
For more information, contact Heather Davis at the Shawnee Park Center: 573-339-6731.