- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Red Cross Hosts Halloween Open House
The American Red Cross in Cape Girardeau is hosting a Halloween Open House at the Chapter office, 2430 Myra Dr., on October 28, 2012 from 2:00 -- 4:00 pm. Everyone is invited to come by to learn about ways to get involved with the Red Cross and information about staying safe this holiday season from home fires to zombie home invasions!
Learn about life saving skills for the undead! Information about CPR and First Aid may help if you are in a situation where you need to revive a zombie, family member or your pet.
Find out what you should have in your disaster kit before the zombie apocalypse happens! Who knows how long your family will have to survive while the herds of shuffling undead walk about. Of course this kit is not just for un-natural disasters like zombies, it will be essential if we have a natural disaster like a tornado.
The blood suckers from the Red Cross can tell you how not to be afraid to donate blood. Every two seconds someone needs blood and you can ensure that it is there when needed. Vampires may be able to survive off bottled True Blood but humans need the real stuff!
Even ghosts need a home to haunt. Where do they go if a tornado rips their home away or flood waters rise forcing them out onto the street? Red Cross volunteers set up and run shelters during times of disaster. Usually it is for the living not the paranormal but still! Learn how you can volunteer with the Red Cross and make a difference in your community.
There will be prizes for the best Halloween costume so come on by in your best Halloween attire. Enjoy some spooky themed snacks and pick up some materials to participate in the Zombie Preparedness Outreach to promote being prepared in your neighborhood. Find out how YOU can get involved when you are visiting us on the 28th!
For more information about this event please call the Cape Girardeau office toll free: 1-888-335-9471.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.