- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)11
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Red Cross Hosts Halloween Open House
The American Red Cross in Cape Girardeau is hosting a Halloween Open House at the Chapter office, 2430 Myra Dr., on October 28, 2012 from 2:00 -- 4:00 pm. Everyone is invited to come by to learn about ways to get involved with the Red Cross and information about staying safe this holiday season from home fires to zombie home invasions!
Learn about life saving skills for the undead! Information about CPR and First Aid may help if you are in a situation where you need to revive a zombie, family member or your pet.
Find out what you should have in your disaster kit before the zombie apocalypse happens! Who knows how long your family will have to survive while the herds of shuffling undead walk about. Of course this kit is not just for un-natural disasters like zombies, it will be essential if we have a natural disaster like a tornado.
The blood suckers from the Red Cross can tell you how not to be afraid to donate blood. Every two seconds someone needs blood and you can ensure that it is there when needed. Vampires may be able to survive off bottled True Blood but humans need the real stuff!
Even ghosts need a home to haunt. Where do they go if a tornado rips their home away or flood waters rise forcing them out onto the street? Red Cross volunteers set up and run shelters during times of disaster. Usually it is for the living not the paranormal but still! Learn how you can volunteer with the Red Cross and make a difference in your community.
There will be prizes for the best Halloween costume so come on by in your best Halloween attire. Enjoy some spooky themed snacks and pick up some materials to participate in the Zombie Preparedness Outreach to promote being prepared in your neighborhood. Find out how YOU can get involved when you are visiting us on the 28th!
For more information about this event please call the Cape Girardeau office toll free: 1-888-335-9471.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.