- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast Missouri State volleyball team falls to UMKC
The Southeast Missouri State volleyball team suffered its third straight loss Tuesday night, falling at Missouri-Kansas City 25-20, 25-19, 25-20 in a nonconference match.
Southeast fell to 16-10, while UMKC improved to 15-10. It was the Kangaroos' first-ever victory over the Redhawks, who had won the previous seven meetings.
Senior Brittney Kalinoski led Southeast with 13 kills. She added 10 digs.
Junior Berkley Idel paced the Redhawks' defense with 18 digs.
The Redhawks, who lead the Ohio Valley Conference West Division, return to OVC action Friday with a 6:30 p.m. home match against SIU Edwardsville.