- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Donald Ray Jones
Donald Ray Jones, 64, of Benton, Mo., died Monday, Oct. 22, 2012, at his home.
He was born Oct. 10, 1948, in East Prairie, Mo., to Elbert "Preacher" and Lois Pinnion Jones. He and Glenda Joyce Ditto were married Nov. 3, 1967 in Rockford, Il.
Donald was the maintenance supervisor at the Scott County Courthouse and a member of Unity Baptist Church in Benton, Mo.
Survivors include his wife Glenda; a son, Don R. (Missy) Jones II of Benton, Mo.; a brother, Bill Jones of East Prairie, Mo.; a sister, Jean (Dana) McCourt of Benton, Mo.; two grandsons, Ben and Cody Jones; and a great grandson, Preston Jones.
Friends may call at Unity Baptist Church from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. until the time of service Thursday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church. The Rev. Dennis Lowe will officiate, with burial in the Unity Baptist Cemetery in Benton, Mo.
Memorials can be made to Unity Baptist Church, P.O. Box 458, Benton, Mo., or St. Jude's Children's Hospital.