- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)11
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Bernice Walton, 79, of Jackson, died Monday, October 22, 2012 at her home in Jackson.
She was born October 15, 1933 in Randles, Mo., to Edward and Clora Dees Mouser. She and Bennie Walton were married October 17, 1951. He preceded her in death January 4, 1996.
She worked at Inland Shoes in Advance for seven years and worked as an in-home child care provider for over 30 years.
Bernice was a member of Northside Gospel Assembly Church in Cape Girardeau, where she sang in the choir and also served as an usher. She moved from Arbor Hill, Mo., to Jackson in 1973.
Survivors include: daughter Shirley (Herman) Marquez, of Jackson; two Brothers Robert (Velta) Mouser of Oran and Jerry (Marshia) Mouser of Paducah, Ky; two sisters Norma Lee Goetz, of Fenton, Mo., Marietta (Rev. Winferd) Wren of Cape Girardeau; sister-in-law Myra Jean Mouser of Morley, Mo; grandchild Angela (David) Huff of Jackson, Mo; and great-grandchild Brandon Garrard of Jackson, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and three brothers, Bill, Truman and Gary
Visitation will be from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at Northside Gospel Assembly Church in Cape Girardeau. Funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at the church with Rev. Winferd Wren officiating.
Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau. Memorial contributions may be given in the form of love offerings for the Walton Family. Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.