- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Mother of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones dies at 90
DALLAS -- Arminta Jones, the mother of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, has died. She was 90.
The Cowboys said in a statement that Arminta Jones died Tuesday morning in Dallas after celebrating her birthday last week with her family. She lived in Rogersville, Mo.
Jerry Jones is one of Arminta Jones' two children. She was married to Pat Jones for 56 years until Jerry Jones' father died at age 77 in 1997.
Arminta Jones was born in Ozan, Ark., on Oct. 17, 1922. Jerry Jones played football at Arkansas before making his fortune in the oil business. He bought the Cowboys in 1989.
The team said Arminta Jones was "a great ambassador for our organization."
-- Associated Press