- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mother of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones dies at 90
DALLAS -- Arminta Jones, the mother of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, has died. She was 90.
The Cowboys said in a statement that Arminta Jones died Tuesday morning in Dallas after celebrating her birthday last week with her family. She lived in Rogersville, Mo.
Jerry Jones is one of Arminta Jones' two children. She was married to Pat Jones for 56 years until Jerry Jones' father died at age 77 in 1997.
Arminta Jones was born in Ozan, Ark., on Oct. 17, 1922. Jerry Jones played football at Arkansas before making his fortune in the oil business. He bought the Cowboys in 1989.
The team said Arminta Jones was "a great ambassador for our organization."
-- Associated Press