- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Cape Girardeau lawyer appointed to Missouri Gaming Commission
Cape Girardeau lawyer Diane C. Howard has been appointed to the Missouri Gaming Commission by Gov. Jay Nixon. She was appointed Tuesday for a term that expires April 29, 2015. The appointment will be subject to confirmation by the Missouri Senate.
Howard is a partner with The Limbaugh Firm, where she has worked since 1984. Before joining that firm, she served four years active duty with the United States Navy JAG Corps as a criminal prosecutor. She is retired from the Navy Reserves as a captain after 25 years. Howard is a graduate of the Saint Louis University School of Law. She has been active on several state and local bar association committees in addition to serving on several civic organizations and boards. She was a member of the Cape Girardeau Health Department board of trustees from 1992 to 2012.
The gaming commission will meet at 9 a.m. today at Cape Girardeau City Hall to review the license application for Isle Casino Cape Girardeau and conduct other routine business. There will be an opportunity for public comments concerning the proposed Isle gaming license at this meeting.
401 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, MO