- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Wiles named IAAP Girardot Executive of the Year
Dr. Judy Wiles, Chairperson and Internship Coordinator of the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University, was selected as the 2012 Executive of the Year for the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) at its annual Executive Night Recognition Banquet on October 16.
Wiles is an Educator and Administrator holding a doctoral degree in Business Administration, (D.B.A.) from the University of Memphis. Currently she is responsible for scheduling all Management and Marketing courses, including several graduate courses, direct supervision of 21 faculty, staff, and student assistants. She received the "2010 Article of the Year" which was presented at the 2011 MMA Fall Educators' Conference by Interpretive Simulations and the Silver Medal Award, Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals. She is the founder and sponsor of the Red Hawks Optimist Student organization at Southeast Missouri State University.
"Dr. Wiles' support and commitment to my professional development has meant a great deal to me. She has a management style that makes a person want to do their very best. She is my mentor and friend," said Marie Steinhoff, CAP, Dr. Wiles' Administrative Assistant in the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University.
IAAP is made up of administrative assistants, office coordinators, executive secretaries, office managers and other professionals. IAAP seeks to enhance individual and collective value and influence, and sets standards of excellence within the business community. For more information about the Girardot Chapter of IAAP, visit iaapgirardot.org or contact Sherri Jenkins, CAP-OM, Membership Chair, at (573) 651-2112.