- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Wiles named IAAP Girardot Executive of the Year
Dr. Judy Wiles, Chairperson and Internship Coordinator of the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University, was selected as the 2012 Executive of the Year for the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) at its annual Executive Night Recognition Banquet on October 16.
Wiles is an Educator and Administrator holding a doctoral degree in Business Administration, (D.B.A.) from the University of Memphis. Currently she is responsible for scheduling all Management and Marketing courses, including several graduate courses, direct supervision of 21 faculty, staff, and student assistants. She received the "2010 Article of the Year" which was presented at the 2011 MMA Fall Educators' Conference by Interpretive Simulations and the Silver Medal Award, Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals. She is the founder and sponsor of the Red Hawks Optimist Student organization at Southeast Missouri State University.
"Dr. Wiles' support and commitment to my professional development has meant a great deal to me. She has a management style that makes a person want to do their very best. She is my mentor and friend," said Marie Steinhoff, CAP, Dr. Wiles' Administrative Assistant in the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University.
IAAP is made up of administrative assistants, office coordinators, executive secretaries, office managers and other professionals. IAAP seeks to enhance individual and collective value and influence, and sets standards of excellence within the business community. For more information about the Girardot Chapter of IAAP, visit iaapgirardot.org or contact Sherri Jenkins, CAP-OM, Membership Chair, at (573) 651-2112.