- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Wiles named IAAP Girardot Executive of the Year
Dr. Judy Wiles, Chairperson and Internship Coordinator of the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University, was selected as the 2012 Executive of the Year for the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) at its annual Executive Night Recognition Banquet on October 16.
Wiles is an Educator and Administrator holding a doctoral degree in Business Administration, (D.B.A.) from the University of Memphis. Currently she is responsible for scheduling all Management and Marketing courses, including several graduate courses, direct supervision of 21 faculty, staff, and student assistants. She received the "2010 Article of the Year" which was presented at the 2011 MMA Fall Educators' Conference by Interpretive Simulations and the Silver Medal Award, Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals. She is the founder and sponsor of the Red Hawks Optimist Student organization at Southeast Missouri State University.
"Dr. Wiles' support and commitment to my professional development has meant a great deal to me. She has a management style that makes a person want to do their very best. She is my mentor and friend," said Marie Steinhoff, CAP, Dr. Wiles' Administrative Assistant in the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University.
IAAP is made up of administrative assistants, office coordinators, executive secretaries, office managers and other professionals. IAAP seeks to enhance individual and collective value and influence, and sets standards of excellence within the business community. For more information about the Girardot Chapter of IAAP, visit iaapgirardot.org or contact Sherri Jenkins, CAP-OM, Membership Chair, at (573) 651-2112.