- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Wiles named IAAP Girardot Executive of the Year
Dr. Judy Wiles, Chairperson and Internship Coordinator of the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University, was selected as the 2012 Executive of the Year for the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) at its annual Executive Night Recognition Banquet on October 16.
Wiles is an Educator and Administrator holding a doctoral degree in Business Administration, (D.B.A.) from the University of Memphis. Currently she is responsible for scheduling all Management and Marketing courses, including several graduate courses, direct supervision of 21 faculty, staff, and student assistants. She received the "2010 Article of the Year" which was presented at the 2011 MMA Fall Educators' Conference by Interpretive Simulations and the Silver Medal Award, Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals. She is the founder and sponsor of the Red Hawks Optimist Student organization at Southeast Missouri State University.
"Dr. Wiles' support and commitment to my professional development has meant a great deal to me. She has a management style that makes a person want to do their very best. She is my mentor and friend," said Marie Steinhoff, CAP, Dr. Wiles' Administrative Assistant in the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast Missouri State University.
IAAP is made up of administrative assistants, office coordinators, executive secretaries, office managers and other professionals. IAAP seeks to enhance individual and collective value and influence, and sets standards of excellence within the business community. For more information about the Girardot Chapter of IAAP, visit iaapgirardot.org or contact Sherri Jenkins, CAP-OM, Membership Chair, at (573) 651-2112.