- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
A look at Missouri's gubernatorial candidates
AGE: 56. Born Feb. 13, 1956, in De Soto.
HOME: Jefferson City.
POLITICAL PARTY: Democrat.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in political science and law degree, both from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
EXPERIENCE: Missouri governor, 2009-present; attorney general, 1993-2009; Missouri Senate, 1987-1993; worked as attorney in private practice after law school.
FAMILY: Wife, Georganne. Two sons.
AGE: 54. Born Feb. 28, 1958, in St. Louis.
POLITICAL PARTY: Republican.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in home economics, University of Missouri-Columbia.
EXPERIENCE: Stepped down last year as president and CEO of Alpha Packaging, which he bought in 1985; chairman of Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging; former board member of Reliance Bancshares.
FAMILY: Wife, Suzie. Four children.