- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Reward offered for tire theft from Marble Hill business
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- A Marble Hill auto body shop is offering a reward for information about stolen tires.
Marble Hill police chief Scott Shaffer said that Sitze's Auto Body is offering a $500 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people who broke into the business sometime between 1 and 6 a.m. Oct. 19 and stole 75 tires of various makes and sizes.
An empty cash register also was taken. Value of the stolen tires is about $10,000, Shaffer said. Property damage totals more than $2,000.
Police ask that if anyone has information about suspicious vehicles, people or activity in the area around the time of the incident, or if anyone has been contacted by individuals selling a large amount of tires, to contact Shaffer or officer Nick Becker at 573-238-2970. All information will be held in confidence.
Marble Hill, Mo.