- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Speak Out 10/22/12
Relative to the overall economy, the total American debt has sunk to a six-year low. Austerity freaks would consider this awesome. In reality, the economic times dictates that the government should be borrowing more money.
Obama, gas prices
We currently have a president who thinks that $3.60 per gallon is fine. He hasn't done anything to help curb pricing. So if you like paying twice what it was when he got in office, Obama's your guy to vote for. Funny, when George Bush was in office, he was always chastised by Democrats for being in bed with big oil. I guess Obama is too.
It may already be too late. All forms of corporate welfare (including hidden subsidies) must be banished in America or the interests of far from benign corporations will revel in permanent triumph what is in the overall best interest of U.S. society.
Something needs to be done about the traffic in front of Clippard School. The through traffic cannot get through on some days when all the vehicles are there to pick up children after school. If children won't take the bus or have a carpool, I don't know what they're going to do. They way it is now, unfortunately someone is going to lose their life without some change.
Thanks to Boulder Construction Company for erecting our nation's flag on the new Banterra Center on 9/11. I am proud every time I drive by!
I really like the feel of driving on Cape's renovated downtown Broadway, although it's a bit of a challenge because I can't see anything.
So the Cape City Council voted to kick underage drinkers out of the bars at 10 p.m. My question is, "What are the doing in the bars at all?"