Five of the 359 reasons I will not be voting for Obama:
1. Our economy has not turned around. President Obama has wasted millions of stimulus money on bankrupt green-energy companies. More people are unemployed and on food stamps than when he took office.
2. President Obama had four years to reduce the deficit and curtail spending. Instead he put federal government spending on steroids. Our debt and deficit are almost to the point of no return.
3. Our foreign policy apparently doesn't include protecting our diplomats anymore. The Middle East is in chaos and Europe is on the verge of bankruptcy. Obama ignores our longtime allies and buddies up with terrorist regimes.
4. Healthcare and life as we know it will change dramatically if Obamacare is not repealed. Not only can this country not afford it, but we will have a federal panel in Washington, D.C., making life and death decisions about our most personal health issues.
5. President Obama has no philosophy of cooperation or partnership. It's his way by "executive order" if Congress or the American people get in his way. That's the Chicago way.
I could go on but my allotted words are almost up. I urge people in this city and state to put party aside and vote for someone who truly can turn this country's direction around.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau