- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Support for Abbypalooza
The family and friends of Abigail Jensen would like to thank all those who contributed to Abbypalooza 2012, held on Oct. 13. Even the mist and fog could not dampen the loving spirit that was present there.
Special thanks to Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau, the American Red Cross, Jackson Healing Arts, Ron Tracy, Milton Mouser, Greg Tlapek, Jackson Dental, Element 74, Mississippi Mutts, the Cape Girardeau National Guard Unit, Lazy L Safari Park, Discovery Playhouse, Crown Hospice, Manassas Galaxy Sound System, Desert Seidleman of Seidleman Photography, and the vendors who gave their time and profits to the cause. We love you all.
Someday, and we are hopeful it happens in our lifetime, there will be a cure for DIPG, the brain tumor that took our Abby. The funds we raise go entirely to the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University for research, and they are making progress!
We'll see you all next year.
MARY M. MILLER, Oak Ridge