- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
This weekend Cape Girardeau will welcome alumni back to campus for Homecoming. The annual celebration is always a fun time to reunite with friends and participate in the many events.
Here are a few you might consider:
* Friday night the Copper Dome Society and Merit Award Recognition Dinner will start at 6:30. Alumni and Faculty Merit Award recipients will be honored. Tickets are $25 and available by calling the University Foundation at 651-2332.
* The All-Alumni Breakfast will be at 7:30 a.m. Saturday in Kem Statuary Hall. Four Distinguished Service Award recipients will be recognized. Tickets are $10 and are available through the Foundation office.
* The popular Homecoming Parade begins at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Beginning 2 a.m. Saturday parking will be prohibited at the following locations: Broadway, on both sides from North West End Boulevard to Main Street; Main Street from Park Drive to William Street; North West End Boulevard from Broadway to Parkview Drive; East side of Perry Avenue from Broadway to Parkview Drive; Bellevue Street, both sides in front of Houck Stadium; and Houck Place, both sides.
* Tailgating before the football game Saturday begins at 11 a.m. outside Houck Stadium on Bellevue Street and in parking lots around the Aleen Vogel Wehking Alumni Center on Broadway.
* The Redhawks football team plays the University of Tennessee-Martin at 1 p.m. Saturday. Tickets can be purchased by calling 866-SEMO-TIK or online at gosoutheast.com.
There are other events on the schedule. We encourage you to check out the story in last Friday's Southeast Missourian and online at semissourian.com. More information is also available at www.semo.edu.
We welcome back all of the university's alumni this weekend and hope you enjoy a safe and fun weekend.