- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
This weekend Cape Girardeau will welcome alumni back to campus for Homecoming. The annual celebration is always a fun time to reunite with friends and participate in the many events.
Here are a few you might consider:
* Friday night the Copper Dome Society and Merit Award Recognition Dinner will start at 6:30. Alumni and Faculty Merit Award recipients will be honored. Tickets are $25 and available by calling the University Foundation at 651-2332.
* The All-Alumni Breakfast will be at 7:30 a.m. Saturday in Kem Statuary Hall. Four Distinguished Service Award recipients will be recognized. Tickets are $10 and are available through the Foundation office.
* The popular Homecoming Parade begins at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Beginning 2 a.m. Saturday parking will be prohibited at the following locations: Broadway, on both sides from North West End Boulevard to Main Street; Main Street from Park Drive to William Street; North West End Boulevard from Broadway to Parkview Drive; East side of Perry Avenue from Broadway to Parkview Drive; Bellevue Street, both sides in front of Houck Stadium; and Houck Place, both sides.
* Tailgating before the football game Saturday begins at 11 a.m. outside Houck Stadium on Bellevue Street and in parking lots around the Aleen Vogel Wehking Alumni Center on Broadway.
* The Redhawks football team plays the University of Tennessee-Martin at 1 p.m. Saturday. Tickets can be purchased by calling 866-SEMO-TIK or online at gosoutheast.com.
There are other events on the schedule. We encourage you to check out the story in last Friday's Southeast Missourian and online at semissourian.com. More information is also available at www.semo.edu.
We welcome back all of the university's alumni this weekend and hope you enjoy a safe and fun weekend.