- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
This weekend Cape Girardeau will welcome alumni back to campus for Homecoming. The annual celebration is always a fun time to reunite with friends and participate in the many events.
Here are a few you might consider:
* Friday night the Copper Dome Society and Merit Award Recognition Dinner will start at 6:30. Alumni and Faculty Merit Award recipients will be honored. Tickets are $25 and available by calling the University Foundation at 651-2332.
* The All-Alumni Breakfast will be at 7:30 a.m. Saturday in Kem Statuary Hall. Four Distinguished Service Award recipients will be recognized. Tickets are $10 and are available through the Foundation office.
* The popular Homecoming Parade begins at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Beginning 2 a.m. Saturday parking will be prohibited at the following locations: Broadway, on both sides from North West End Boulevard to Main Street; Main Street from Park Drive to William Street; North West End Boulevard from Broadway to Parkview Drive; East side of Perry Avenue from Broadway to Parkview Drive; Bellevue Street, both sides in front of Houck Stadium; and Houck Place, both sides.
* Tailgating before the football game Saturday begins at 11 a.m. outside Houck Stadium on Bellevue Street and in parking lots around the Aleen Vogel Wehking Alumni Center on Broadway.
* The Redhawks football team plays the University of Tennessee-Martin at 1 p.m. Saturday. Tickets can be purchased by calling 866-SEMO-TIK or online at gosoutheast.com.
There are other events on the schedule. We encourage you to check out the story in last Friday's Southeast Missourian and online at semissourian.com. More information is also available at www.semo.edu.
We welcome back all of the university's alumni this weekend and hope you enjoy a safe and fun weekend.