- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Off-season Core Training for HS, College Athletes
Register before Oct. 26 for the Off-Season Core Training Class offered by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department. Classes begin on Oct. 30 at the Osage Centre.
The seven-week program is $20 for each participant and will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.
The class curriculum is tailored for high school and college athletes wanting to stay in shape between sports seasons, but anyone is welcome to attend. Participants will complete core exercises using various equipment.
Registration forms are available at the Osage Centre, Shawnee Park Center and online. For more information call Heather at 573-339-6731.
Other Parks and Recreation fitness opportunities: www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/fitness.