- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Off-season Core Training for HS, College Athletes
Register before Oct. 26 for the Off-Season Core Training Class offered by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department. Classes begin on Oct. 30 at the Osage Centre.
The seven-week program is $20 for each participant and will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.
The class curriculum is tailored for high school and college athletes wanting to stay in shape between sports seasons, but anyone is welcome to attend. Participants will complete core exercises using various equipment.
Registration forms are available at the Osage Centre, Shawnee Park Center and online. For more information call Heather at 573-339-6731.
Other Parks and Recreation fitness opportunities: www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/fitness.