- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Off-season Core Training for HS, College Athletes
Register before Oct. 26 for the Off-Season Core Training Class offered by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department. Classes begin on Oct. 30 at the Osage Centre.
The seven-week program is $20 for each participant and will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.
The class curriculum is tailored for high school and college athletes wanting to stay in shape between sports seasons, but anyone is welcome to attend. Participants will complete core exercises using various equipment.
Registration forms are available at the Osage Centre, Shawnee Park Center and online. For more information call Heather at 573-339-6731.
Other Parks and Recreation fitness opportunities: www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/fitness.