- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Off-season Core Training for HS, College Athletes
Register before Oct. 26 for the Off-Season Core Training Class offered by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department. Classes begin on Oct. 30 at the Osage Centre.
The seven-week program is $20 for each participant and will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.
The class curriculum is tailored for high school and college athletes wanting to stay in shape between sports seasons, but anyone is welcome to attend. Participants will complete core exercises using various equipment.
Registration forms are available at the Osage Centre, Shawnee Park Center and online. For more information call Heather at 573-339-6731.
Other Parks and Recreation fitness opportunities: www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/fitness.