- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area men in court on Perry County burglary charges
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Two Southeast Missouri men charged with attempting to steal copper from a Perry County barn were in court Tuesday, with one moving on to the circuit-court level and the other in search of a lawyer.
Thomas C. Kinney, 28, of Cape Girardeau, waived a preliminary hearing before Judge Michael Bullerdieck and was bound over to circuit court with an arraignment set for Nov. 2. David L. Hunt, 29, of Scott City, at a counsel status hearing, had yet to find a lawyer and saw his case continued until Nov. 13.
The men were arrested in August and charged with feony burglary and theft. They continue to be held at the Perry County Jail on $10,000 cash-only bonds.
Both were nabbed in August by police after a call from a woman living on Perry County Road 516. The woman told police a person she didn't recognize had knocked on her door and returned to his vehicle but didn't leave when she didn't answer. She saw him talking to another man inside a vehicle and saw them taking items from her barn and shed. The men left before authorities arrived, police said, but they were apprehended them a short time later.
Copper wire, extension cords and car batteries were recovered.
15 W. Sainte Marie St., Perryville, MO