- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
13th Annual Veterans Honor Service
We will honor all Veterans with our 13th annual Veterans Honor Service service at 11 am on Sunday, November 4th at First Pentecostal Church 3054 Lexington Ave, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
The FPC Campus will be decorated with an Avenue of Flags around our church campus drive, each dedicated to a soldier living or deceased, a foyer display of over 90 veterans pictures and biographies who are all connected in some way to our congregation, and with American flags of all shapes and sizes and flags of all branches of service including the 9-11 Tribute flag and the POW flag.
This year's speaker is Master Sergeant Theodore Jackson US Marines Retired, a Vietnam Veteran and highly sought after VFW speaker for the state of Illinois.
The program will include...
|*||A very special musical tribute to all branches of service from trumpeter Larry Herron, who will also play Taps at the end of the program|
|*||The Bible Discovery Kids Choir performing a patriotic arrangement in sign language with a flag corps|
|*||An MIA Tribute|
|*||Posting of Colors, presented by American Legion Post 63.|
|*||The Patriot Guard Riders will be a part of this service. They will show honor to the fallen with a Flag Line at 10:45|
|*||A roll call of honor, and much more|
Our distinguished guest will include, representatives from the
|*||American Legion Post 63, Cape Girardeau [Color Guard will Post & retire colors]|
|*||Daughters of the American Revolution, Nancy Hunter Chapter|
|*||Sons of the American Revolution|
|*||The Society of the Decedents of Washington's Army at Valley Forge|
|*||Cape Girardeau VFW Post 3838|
|*||Jackson VFW Post 10495|
|*||And representatives of the Cape Girardeau National Guard 1140th Engineer Battalion|
Please come and help us honor those who serve!
For More information please call 573-979-1841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org