- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson Recycling Center to hold Customer Appreciation Day on Saturday
Jackson will host its ninth annual Customer Appreciation Day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Recycling Center, 508 Eastview Court, according to a news release Monday from Jackson Public Works.
Refreshments will be provided for customers bringing recyclables to the center.
Mayor Barbara Lohr and other elected and appointed officials will be on hand to meet and greet customers and to assist them in unloading their recyclables.
Mark James of M&J Shredding LLC will have equipment available from 9 a.m. to noon to offer shredding services to customers free of charge.
Items collected for recycling include cardboard, newspaper, magazines, office paper, junk mail, Styrofoam, grocery bags, clear, green and brown glasses, all plastic containers, aluminum, tin and steel cans, batteries and electronic waste.
For more information, call the Public Works Department at 243-2300.
508 Eastview Court, Jackson, Mo.