- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
4-H YOUTH PLACES 2ND IN STATE COMPETITION
Cort Hutchason placed 2nd in 4-H State Skeet Doubles Competition at Columbia in September. In his first year in the 4-H shotgun program, he hit 23 out of 50 clay birds. Over 300 4-H youth competeted at the state shotgun meet.
Shotgun is one of the projects under the 4-H Shooting Sports program in Cape Cirardeau County. Archery, Rifle, Muzzleloading, and Pistol are other 4-H projects.
For more information about 4-H or 4-H Shooting Sports contact Jim Lichtenegger, 4-H assistant at 573-243-3581 or email@example.com.