- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Third Tuesday Tea Time - Election Day Activism
CAPE COUNTY TEA PARTY - THIRD TUESDAY TEA TIME
On October 16th, 2012 at 6:30pm, the Cape County Tea Party (CCTP) will hold its open monthly meeting at the Cape Girardeau Public Library. The meeting is called the Third Tuesday Tea Time and is held on the Third Tuesday of each month to continue the work to complete our Mission as stated below.
This month's meeting will be kept to about an hour in length, so the attendees can leave to watch the Presidential Town Hall Debate at 8:00pm. We have two options for debate watch parties:
- Beef O'Brady's has agreed to show the debate at 1812 Carondalet Drive (off North Kingshighway)
- There will also be a debate watch party at Jo Ann Emerson's office at 616 Broadway.
We continue our focus on the 2012 Election this month with our speaker Kara Clark Summers who is the Cape Girardeau County Clerk.
At the Cape Girardeau County Clerk's Office, she oversees and performs a multitude of functions for our citizens:
- Administers all Elections in Cape Girardeau County
- Voter Registration in Cape Girardeau County
- Absentee Voting
- Filing for County Offices
- Personnel, Payroll and Benefits
- Clerk to the County Commission
- All insurance programs for the County
- Bidding for purchases by Cape Girardeau County
- Extending County Tax Books
- County Liquor Licenses
- Railroad and Utility Tax Books
- Secretary to the Board of Equalization
- Keeper of Records
- Notary Commissions
- Preparation of County Financial Statement
- Works with Political Subdivisions to establish current tax levies
She and the staff of the County Clerk Office are committed to maintaining the highest ethical standard while providing efficient, courteous service.
The goals of each meeting are to:
- Disseminate topical information that affects CCTP members and the community at large (typically a speaker)
- Engage the attendees in a form of activism to work toward the completion of our mission
- Increase the membership of the CCTP
Everyone is invited regardless of party or ideology! We hope you will attend! Expect homework!
For more information, see the TTTT link on our website:
- Web Site:
|- Brian Bollmann|
|- Jan Farrar|
|- Jeannie Hinck|
|- Tom Young|
Our mission is to attract, educate, organize and mobilize fellow citizens to secure Public Policy consistent with Fiscal Responsibility, Founding Principles and Constitutionally Limited Government under God.