- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
For many of us, Sunday is a day for church. We gather with other believers of like faith for a time of worship and spiritual growth. We sing songs, fellowship with others and hear a message from a pastor or other member of the clergy.
But did you know that October is considered Clergy Appreciation Month and that today marks Clergy Appreciation Day?
Those in the clergy play an important role. They help provide spiritual direction, counsel us in times of joy and turbulence, and lead our churches in the good work that goes on. Most do all this and more not for a large salary or other worldly rewards. These men and women do this because they care. Their spiritual conviction leads them to answer God's call on their lives.
We appreciate this selfless act of service, and it's only appropriate that we recognize these folks for the good work they do.
So take a moment today to thank your pastor, and, most importantly, keep them in your prayers as they seek to do the Lord's work.