- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
For many of us, Sunday is a day for church. We gather with other believers of like faith for a time of worship and spiritual growth. We sing songs, fellowship with others and hear a message from a pastor or other member of the clergy.
But did you know that October is considered Clergy Appreciation Month and that today marks Clergy Appreciation Day?
Those in the clergy play an important role. They help provide spiritual direction, counsel us in times of joy and turbulence, and lead our churches in the good work that goes on. Most do all this and more not for a large salary or other worldly rewards. These men and women do this because they care. Their spiritual conviction leads them to answer God's call on their lives.
We appreciate this selfless act of service, and it's only appropriate that we recognize these folks for the good work they do.
So take a moment today to thank your pastor, and, most importantly, keep them in your prayers as they seek to do the Lord's work.