- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
For many of us, Sunday is a day for church. We gather with other believers of like faith for a time of worship and spiritual growth. We sing songs, fellowship with others and hear a message from a pastor or other member of the clergy.
But did you know that October is considered Clergy Appreciation Month and that today marks Clergy Appreciation Day?
Those in the clergy play an important role. They help provide spiritual direction, counsel us in times of joy and turbulence, and lead our churches in the good work that goes on. Most do all this and more not for a large salary or other worldly rewards. These men and women do this because they care. Their spiritual conviction leads them to answer God's call on their lives.
We appreciate this selfless act of service, and it's only appropriate that we recognize these folks for the good work they do.
So take a moment today to thank your pastor, and, most importantly, keep them in your prayers as they seek to do the Lord's work.