- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Ameren to host open house Tuesday on transmission lines
Construction of a new Ameren Missouri transmission line between its Lutesville substation and the Cape Girardeau area will be the topic of an open house Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Osage Centre.
The exact route for the 14- to 17-mile line is yet to be determined, but property owners along the proposed routes, who Ameren needs to secure easements from, were invited to attend the public open house.
More than 200 people attended the last open house in August to discuss the project, estimated at $55 million to $75 million.
The new transmission line will run from Ameren's Lutesville substation near the intersection of Routes U and A and a new Heritage substation, to be built be off Route K.
Ameren is expected to select the route by November and then seek approval from the Missouri Public Service Commission. Construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2014 and be in service by December 2015.
For more information, visit LHTransmission.com or call 855-286-2173.
1625 North Kingshighway St., Cape Girardeau, MO