- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Biri - Pobst
Kristina Dawn Biri and Joshua Mark Pobst were married May 5, 2012, at Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson. The Revs. John Harth and Normand Varone performed the ceremony. Organist was Geri Beussink of Jackson, and vocalist was Jane Oehl of Oak Ridge.
Parents of the couple are James and Lisa Biri of Jackson, and Vernon and Susie Pobst of Oran, Mo.
Maid of honor was Katie Biri of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Rachel Biri of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride; Crystal Pobst of Oran, sister-in-law of the groom; Anna Gourdin of O'Fallon, Mo., Stacey McIntosh of Oran, and Jaci Urquhart of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Derek Hurst of Oran was best man. Groomsmen were Derrick Biri of Jackson, brother of the bride; Jason and Jeremy Pobst of Oran, brothers of the groom; Kevin Lappe of Bourbon, Mo., cousin of the groom; and Darin Eftink of Oran. Ushers were Jason Proffer of Jackson, cousin of the groom, and John Glueck of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighters were Teagan and Tabbatha Schnurbusch, daughters of Pat and Jennifer Schnurbusch of Millersville, and cousins of the bride.
Flower girls were Brooke Balsman and Jocelyn Bickings. Ringbearers were Connor Pobst, Kohldyn McIntosh, Matthew Biri and Mason Biri. Brooke is the daughter of Jeremy and Amanda Balsman of Jackson and godchild of the bride. Jocelyn is the daughter of Travis and Kari Bickings of Oran. Connor is the son of Jason and Sabrina Pobst, nephew and godchild of the groom. Kohldyn is the son of Darren and Stacey McIntosh and godchild of the bride. Matthew is the son of Nick and Katie Biri, godchild of the bride. Mason is the son of Derrick and Rachel Biri, nephew and godchild of the bride.
Program attendants were Brenna Hahn and Lucah McIntosh of Oran.
Bell boys were Nate Pobst and Logan Hornback of Oran, nephews of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Ali Hornback and Anna Pobst of Oran, nieces of the groom.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
Parents of the bride and groom hosted the rehearsal dinner May 4 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Pobst is a 2001 graduate of Jackson High School. She is a teacher at Early Learning Center in Oran.
The groom is a 1995 graduate of Oran High School. He is employed in the shipping department at Orgill in Sikeston, Mo.
After a wedding trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, the couple is residing in Oran.