- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Register now for Therapy Solutions 5/10K
Registration continues for the Therapy Solutions Run For Their Lives! Third Annual 5/10K Run/Walk in Perryville to benefit Beacon Health Center's SEMO-NASV program which provides medical and advocacy services to victims of sexual violence. SEMO-NASV serves children from Perry County.
"Be sure to wear a costume, since Halloween is right around the corner," said Jamie Brown, PTA at Therapy Solutions who organizes the annual race. "We'll have awards for best costumes!"
The 5/10K Run/Walk begins at 8 am Saturday, October 20 at Therapy Solutions Physical Therapy and Fitness Center. Early bird registration ends Friday, Oct. 12 and is $25 per person and includes a race T-shirt. Registration after Oct. 12 until race day is just $30 per person and also includes a T-shirt. Youth ages 10 and under are just $15 and groups of 10 or more people can register for $15 per person.
Registration forms can be picked up at Therapy Solutions or Perry Park Center. Call Therapy Solutions at 573-517-7900 to have a race form faxed or e-mailed to you.
"Additional donations to SEMO-NASV will be gratefully accepted," Brown said.
Registration on race day begins at 6:30 am at Therapy Solutions located at 1506 W. St. Joseph St. in Perryville. Additional parking is available at Perryville Higher Education Center parking lot on Progress Drive.
"The race course is fast and furious; it travels the streets of Perryville and the 10K course is the 5K course twice," Brown said.
Plaques will be awarded to the top overall male and female finisher. There are 11 age divisions and tag medals will be awarded in each age division.
SEMO-NASV is a program of Beacon Health Center, which personalized care to victims of violence and abuse.
Services to victims include but are not limited to:
All Sexual Violence services are free.
Beacon Health Center through the SEMO-NASV Green Bear program provides sexual abuse prevention to children in schools, churches and other youth organizations for pre-kindergarten through twelfth grades. The Green Bear program also provides training programs for parents, grandparents, caretakers and professionals, who work with children, that focus on recognizing and reporting child abuse. Mandated Reporter classes are offered to schools, churches and civic organizations to address Missouri Mandated Reporter laws. For additional information visit www.greenbearmo.org.
For more about Therapy Solutions visit their Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Therapy-S....