- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Breast cancer suvivor stories: Sherry Dollins
Age when diagnosed: 53
Years battling breast cancer: Dollins found out she had cancer in December 2011, then had a double mastectomy. She went through about four and a half months of aggressive chemotherapy. She's still receiving Perceptin treatments every three weeks until the end of the year, and Remedix for the next five years.
The hardest part: Just the fear.
Advice for others: I would tell people to put your faith totally in God -- he's always in control. Be strong and be thankful for each and every day. Any person who's going through something like this needs to know and realize they're being an inspiration.