- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Breast cancer suvivor stories: Sherry Dollins
Age when diagnosed: 53
Years battling breast cancer: Dollins found out she had cancer in December 2011, then had a double mastectomy. She went through about four and a half months of aggressive chemotherapy. She's still receiving Perceptin treatments every three weeks until the end of the year, and Remedix for the next five years.
The hardest part: Just the fear.
Advice for others: I would tell people to put your faith totally in God -- he's always in control. Be strong and be thankful for each and every day. Any person who's going through something like this needs to know and realize they're being an inspiration.