- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Breast cancer suvivor stories: Sherry Dollins
Age when diagnosed: 53
Years battling breast cancer: Dollins found out she had cancer in December 2011, then had a double mastectomy. She went through about four and a half months of aggressive chemotherapy. She's still receiving Perceptin treatments every three weeks until the end of the year, and Remedix for the next five years.
The hardest part: Just the fear.
Advice for others: I would tell people to put your faith totally in God -- he's always in control. Be strong and be thankful for each and every day. Any person who's going through something like this needs to know and realize they're being an inspiration.