- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)41
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)34
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Breast cancer suvivor stories: Sherry Dollins
Age when diagnosed: 53
Years battling breast cancer: Dollins found out she had cancer in December 2011, then had a double mastectomy. She went through about four and a half months of aggressive chemotherapy. She's still receiving Perceptin treatments every three weeks until the end of the year, and Remedix for the next five years.
The hardest part: Just the fear.
Advice for others: I would tell people to put your faith totally in God -- he's always in control. Be strong and be thankful for each and every day. Any person who's going through something like this needs to know and realize they're being an inspiration.