- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
GIPSY, Mo. -- Peggie Sue Jackson, 77, of Gipsy passed away Monday, Oct. 8, 2012, at her home.
She was born Oct. 19, 1934, in Jenkins, Ky., daughter of George and Evelyn Jenkins Wheeler. She and Dale Jackson were married March 6, 1971, in Dayton, Ohio.
Peggie had been a secretary with State Farm in Dayton. She was a member of Berrong Baptist Church near Gipsy. She loved quilting, sewing, cooking, baking and golfing.
Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Martie Mangold of Orlando, Fla., Debbie Doan of Bernie, Mo., Sue Cobb of Wappapello, Mo., Tonya Winchester of Advance, Mo.; a son, Anthony Jackson of Arab, Mo.; a brother, Bill Wheeler of Fort Myers, Fla.; 15 grandchildren; and 29 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother; and a grandson, Scott Jackson.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Berrong Church.
Morgan Funeral Home in Advance is in charge of arrangements.