- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Next Experiment: Diaper genie wind bag
How many breaths of air will it take to fill a 6 foot long bag?
Diaper Genie Refill
STEP 1: Remove about 6 feet of Diaper Genie refill, cut, and then tie a knot in the end of the Diaper Genie refill.
STEP 2: Using two fingers and two thumbs, hold open the end of the bag that is not tied.
STEP 2: Hold the bag 6 to 12 inches from your mouth, blow a stream of air into the bag, and observe.
As the stream of air from your mouth blows into the bag, it pulls more air into the Diaper Genie bag, creating a super breath. This method allow you to fill the bag with one breath.
Jason Lindsey is a science outreach educator with Hooked on Science. Check out his website www.hookedonscience.org for webcasts and experiments.