- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Chaffee woman pleads not guilty to hospital theft
A Chaffee woman arrested last week for stealing supplies from a Cape Girardeau hospital pleaded not guilty in court this week.
Ashlee Steffens, 26, was arraigned on a misdemeanor theft charge Monday before Judge Gary Kamp. Prosecutors say Steffens was at Saint Francis Medical Center on Friday, ostensibly for medical treatment, when she allegedly took gauze, tape, iodine and bandages. But during her court appearance Monday Steffens entered a not guilty plea before Kamp set an Oct. 22 status hearing.
Steffens remained in custody Wednesday on a $2,500 cash-only bond. Kamp ordered that if she does make bail, she is not to be on Saint Francis' parking lot or premises.
211 Saint Francis Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO
100 Court St., Jackson, MO