- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Chaffee woman pleads not guilty to hospital theft
A Chaffee woman arrested last week for stealing supplies from a Cape Girardeau hospital pleaded not guilty in court this week.
Ashlee Steffens, 26, was arraigned on a misdemeanor theft charge Monday before Judge Gary Kamp. Prosecutors say Steffens was at Saint Francis Medical Center on Friday, ostensibly for medical treatment, when she allegedly took gauze, tape, iodine and bandages. But during her court appearance Monday Steffens entered a not guilty plea before Kamp set an Oct. 22 status hearing.
Steffens remained in custody Wednesday on a $2,500 cash-only bond. Kamp ordered that if she does make bail, she is not to be on Saint Francis' parking lot or premises.
211 Saint Francis Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO
100 Court St., Jackson, MO