- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
5K Benefit for Child Abuse Victims October 13th
Upon hearing a presentation by Tammy Gwaltney about the work of Beacon Health Center with abused kids, Ashley Miller, and Beth Simmons, both busy SEMO students, took it upon themselves to do something to help. Beth and Ashley decided to organize a 5K fun run/walk with all proceeds going to Beacon Health Center for their work with area kids who are victims of physical and sexual abuse.
The 5K will be Saturday October 13th, at North Cape County Park, with registration at 9am and the race beginning at 10am. There will be face painting for the kids and special stations for canine companions.
Everyone is invited to come and participate and bring their children. Those wishing to bring their dogs are also encouraged to do so just remember to keep them on their leash.
Registration can be made prior to the event by going to www.beaconhealthcenter.com or dropping off payment at 73 Sheridan in Cape Girardeau.
Early registration is $20 and $25 the day of the race.
For more information call 573/332-1900.