- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
5K Benefit for Child Abuse Victims October 13th
Upon hearing a presentation by Tammy Gwaltney about the work of Beacon Health Center with abused kids, Ashley Miller, and Beth Simmons, both busy SEMO students, took it upon themselves to do something to help. Beth and Ashley decided to organize a 5K fun run/walk with all proceeds going to Beacon Health Center for their work with area kids who are victims of physical and sexual abuse.
The 5K will be Saturday October 13th, at North Cape County Park, with registration at 9am and the race beginning at 10am. There will be face painting for the kids and special stations for canine companions.
Everyone is invited to come and participate and bring their children. Those wishing to bring their dogs are also encouraged to do so just remember to keep them on their leash.
Registration can be made prior to the event by going to www.beaconhealthcenter.com or dropping off payment at 73 Sheridan in Cape Girardeau.
Early registration is $20 and $25 the day of the race.
For more information call 573/332-1900.