- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
5K Benefit for Child Abuse Victims October 13th
Upon hearing a presentation by Tammy Gwaltney about the work of Beacon Health Center with abused kids, Ashley Miller, and Beth Simmons, both busy SEMO students, took it upon themselves to do something to help. Beth and Ashley decided to organize a 5K fun run/walk with all proceeds going to Beacon Health Center for their work with area kids who are victims of physical and sexual abuse.
The 5K will be Saturday October 13th, at North Cape County Park, with registration at 9am and the race beginning at 10am. There will be face painting for the kids and special stations for canine companions.
Everyone is invited to come and participate and bring their children. Those wishing to bring their dogs are also encouraged to do so just remember to keep them on their leash.
Registration can be made prior to the event by going to www.beaconhealthcenter.com or dropping off payment at 73 Sheridan in Cape Girardeau.
Early registration is $20 and $25 the day of the race.
For more information call 573/332-1900.