- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
5K Benefit for Child Abuse Victims October 13th
Upon hearing a presentation by Tammy Gwaltney about the work of Beacon Health Center with abused kids, Ashley Miller, and Beth Simmons, both busy SEMO students, took it upon themselves to do something to help. Beth and Ashley decided to organize a 5K fun run/walk with all proceeds going to Beacon Health Center for their work with area kids who are victims of physical and sexual abuse.
The 5K will be Saturday October 13th, at North Cape County Park, with registration at 9am and the race beginning at 10am. There will be face painting for the kids and special stations for canine companions.
Everyone is invited to come and participate and bring their children. Those wishing to bring their dogs are also encouraged to do so just remember to keep them on their leash.
Registration can be made prior to the event by going to www.beaconhealthcenter.com or dropping off payment at 73 Sheridan in Cape Girardeau.
Early registration is $20 and $25 the day of the race.
For more information call 573/332-1900.