- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
5K Benefit for Child Abuse Victims October 13th
Upon hearing a presentation by Tammy Gwaltney about the work of Beacon Health Center with abused kids, Ashley Miller, and Beth Simmons, both busy SEMO students, took it upon themselves to do something to help. Beth and Ashley decided to organize a 5K fun run/walk with all proceeds going to Beacon Health Center for their work with area kids who are victims of physical and sexual abuse.
The 5K will be Saturday October 13th, at North Cape County Park, with registration at 9am and the race beginning at 10am. There will be face painting for the kids and special stations for canine companions.
Everyone is invited to come and participate and bring their children. Those wishing to bring their dogs are also encouraged to do so just remember to keep them on their leash.
Registration can be made prior to the event by going to www.beaconhealthcenter.com or dropping off payment at 73 Sheridan in Cape Girardeau.
Early registration is $20 and $25 the day of the race.
For more information call 573/332-1900.