- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
CHS students selected for All-District Choir
Cape Central High School Director of Vocal Music Jordan Cox last week announced the names of nineteen CHS students who were selected for the 2012 All-District Choir. Pictured at front center is Riley Knight. Second row, left to right, are, Rachel Juhlin, Leandra Decatoria, Ashley Thornton, Emily Hagan and Haley Braswell. Third Row: Taveon Harris, Tara LaBeff, Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Anne Wilferth and Rachel Diamond. Back Row: Matt Stearns, Mikel Thomas, Zach Reece, Matt Flanagan, Brandon Wells and Christian Cooper. Not pictured is Andrea Anderson.
These students were selected from among the 575 Southeast Missouri students who, along with their teachers, gathered at CHS in September for All-District Choir auditions. One-hundred 9th and 10th graders and one-hundred 11th and 12th graders were selected to perform in the All-District Choir. "I am so proud of their hard work and accomplishment," Cox said of the students. They will rehearse with highly-respected clinicians prior to their 4:00 p.m. concert on Saturday, November 10, at Jackson High School.
(Photo by Marlene Rothenberger)