- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
CHS students selected for All-District Choir
Cape Central High School Director of Vocal Music Jordan Cox last week announced the names of nineteen CHS students who were selected for the 2012 All-District Choir. Pictured at front center is Riley Knight. Second row, left to right, are, Rachel Juhlin, Leandra Decatoria, Ashley Thornton, Emily Hagan and Haley Braswell. Third Row: Taveon Harris, Tara LaBeff, Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Anne Wilferth and Rachel Diamond. Back Row: Matt Stearns, Mikel Thomas, Zach Reece, Matt Flanagan, Brandon Wells and Christian Cooper. Not pictured is Andrea Anderson.
These students were selected from among the 575 Southeast Missouri students who, along with their teachers, gathered at CHS in September for All-District Choir auditions. One-hundred 9th and 10th graders and one-hundred 11th and 12th graders were selected to perform in the All-District Choir. "I am so proud of their hard work and accomplishment," Cox said of the students. They will rehearse with highly-respected clinicians prior to their 4:00 p.m. concert on Saturday, November 10, at Jackson High School.
(Photo by Marlene Rothenberger)