- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
CHS students selected for All-District Choir
Cape Central High School Director of Vocal Music Jordan Cox last week announced the names of nineteen CHS students who were selected for the 2012 All-District Choir. Pictured at front center is Riley Knight. Second row, left to right, are, Rachel Juhlin, Leandra Decatoria, Ashley Thornton, Emily Hagan and Haley Braswell. Third Row: Taveon Harris, Tara LaBeff, Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Anne Wilferth and Rachel Diamond. Back Row: Matt Stearns, Mikel Thomas, Zach Reece, Matt Flanagan, Brandon Wells and Christian Cooper. Not pictured is Andrea Anderson.
These students were selected from among the 575 Southeast Missouri students who, along with their teachers, gathered at CHS in September for All-District Choir auditions. One-hundred 9th and 10th graders and one-hundred 11th and 12th graders were selected to perform in the All-District Choir. "I am so proud of their hard work and accomplishment," Cox said of the students. They will rehearse with highly-respected clinicians prior to their 4:00 p.m. concert on Saturday, November 10, at Jackson High School.
(Photo by Marlene Rothenberger)