- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
CHS students selected for All-District Choir
Cape Central High School Director of Vocal Music Jordan Cox last week announced the names of nineteen CHS students who were selected for the 2012 All-District Choir. Pictured at front center is Riley Knight. Second row, left to right, are, Rachel Juhlin, Leandra Decatoria, Ashley Thornton, Emily Hagan and Haley Braswell. Third Row: Taveon Harris, Tara LaBeff, Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Anne Wilferth and Rachel Diamond. Back Row: Matt Stearns, Mikel Thomas, Zach Reece, Matt Flanagan, Brandon Wells and Christian Cooper. Not pictured is Andrea Anderson.
These students were selected from among the 575 Southeast Missouri students who, along with their teachers, gathered at CHS in September for All-District Choir auditions. One-hundred 9th and 10th graders and one-hundred 11th and 12th graders were selected to perform in the All-District Choir. "I am so proud of their hard work and accomplishment," Cox said of the students. They will rehearse with highly-respected clinicians prior to their 4:00 p.m. concert on Saturday, November 10, at Jackson High School.
(Photo by Marlene Rothenberger)