- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
CHS students selected for All-District Choir
Cape Central High School Director of Vocal Music Jordan Cox last week announced the names of nineteen CHS students who were selected for the 2012 All-District Choir. Pictured at front center is Riley Knight. Second row, left to right, are, Rachel Juhlin, Leandra Decatoria, Ashley Thornton, Emily Hagan and Haley Braswell. Third Row: Taveon Harris, Tara LaBeff, Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Anne Wilferth and Rachel Diamond. Back Row: Matt Stearns, Mikel Thomas, Zach Reece, Matt Flanagan, Brandon Wells and Christian Cooper. Not pictured is Andrea Anderson.
These students were selected from among the 575 Southeast Missouri students who, along with their teachers, gathered at CHS in September for All-District Choir auditions. One-hundred 9th and 10th graders and one-hundred 11th and 12th graders were selected to perform in the All-District Choir. "I am so proud of their hard work and accomplishment," Cox said of the students. They will rehearse with highly-respected clinicians prior to their 4:00 p.m. concert on Saturday, November 10, at Jackson High School.
(Photo by Marlene Rothenberger)