- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Higher Lambert parking rates, other fees mulled
BRIDGETON, Mo. -- Overseers of St. Louis' Lambert Airport are considering raising parking fees and various other sweeping charges to providers of ground transportation.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the St. Louis Airport Authority on Wednesday will consider raising the cost of parking in two public garages to $5 for the first two hours. That's double what the rate is now to park for the first eight hours, with the fee currently capped at $21 for any 24-hour period.
If approved, the new rates would take effect Nov. 1
Other proposed fee hikes would affect limousines, shuttles and taxicabs.
A Lambert spokesman says some of the ground transportation fees had not increased since 1998, and the parking rates have not been adjusted for three years.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com