- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Republican governor group gives Spence $950,000
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Republican Dave Spence has received a $950,000 contribution to help with his Missouri governor race.
Spence's campaign last week reported receiving the money from the state affiliate of the Republican Governors Association. The national organization reported shifting a total of $3 million to its Missouri committee.
Campaigns and political committees must report contributions of more than $5,000 to the Missouri Ethics Commission within 48 hours.
Last month, Spence's campaign also received $1.1 million from the Missouri committee of the governors' organization. Spence, a St. Louis businessman, is challenging Democratic Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon.
Nixon got help earlier in the campaign from the Democratic Governors Association. The organization gave its Missouri affiliate $2.5 million, of which $1 million was passed along to Nixon's campaign.