- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GIPSY, Mo. -- Peggy Sue Jackson, 77, of Gipsy passed away Monday, Oct. 8, 2012, at her home.
She was born Oct. 19, 1934, in Jenkins, Ky., daughter of George and Evelyn Jenkins Wheeler. She and Dale Jackson were married March 6, 1971, in Dayton, Ohio.
Peggy had been a secretary with State Farm in Dayton. She was a member of Berrong Baptist Church. She loved quilting, sewing, cooking, baking and golfing.
Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Martie Mangold of Orlando, Fla., Debbie Doan of Bernie, Mo., Sue Cobb of Wappappello, Mo., Tonya Winchester of Advance, Mo.; a son, Anthony Jackson of Arab, Mo.; a brother, Bill Wheeler of Fort Myers, Fla.; 15 grandchildren; and 29 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother; and a grandson, Scott Jackson.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Morgan Funeral Home in Advance is in charge of arrangements.