- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Betty L. Job, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 3, 1932, in Bollinger County, to Charles Roe and Grace Ester Statler Johnson. She and Paul "Pete" Job were married Dec. 12, 1959, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death Jan. 5, 2000.
Betty was a 4-H leader and a member of St. Mary Cathedral.
Survivors include a son, Gary Job (Marsha) of Scott City; three daughters, Sally Schlegel (Jeff) of Houston, Diane "Liz" Lindsay (Kurt) and Ellen Robinson (Greg) of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Bob Johnson (Margene) of Gordonville; 16 grandchildren, Ashley Petolick (Don), Tamra, Jon Jr., and James Schlegel; Jessica, Trevor, Brennen, Makayla and Kelsie Job; Heather, Adam, Mollie and Nicholas Lindsay; Mackenzie, Zachary, Madelynne Robinson; and a great-grandson, Donnie Petolick.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and a brother, J.R. Johnson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Cape Girardeau Senior Center, 921 N. Clark, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.