- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Motel workers alert police to church bomb plot
MIAMI, Okla. -- Two Miami, Okla., maintenance workers who reported the makings of Molotov cocktails in a trash bin say they are not heroes.
Motel guest Gregory Arthur Weiler II of Elk Grove Village, Ill., was arrested for possession of an explosive device and violating Oklahoma's anti-terrorism act after motel workers Ralph Smith and Steve Ballenger reported suspicious items they found.
Smith on Tuesday that he found an empty gas can and strips of nylon in a trash bin. Ballenger said he previously saw Weiler with a gas can.
The two say they entered Weiler's room Thursday on the pretense of cleaning it and found more nylon and other suspicious items -- then called police.
Both say they were just doing their jobs.