- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Motel workers alert police to church bomb plot
MIAMI, Okla. -- Two Miami, Okla., maintenance workers who reported the makings of Molotov cocktails in a trash bin say they are not heroes.
Motel guest Gregory Arthur Weiler II of Elk Grove Village, Ill., was arrested for possession of an explosive device and violating Oklahoma's anti-terrorism act after motel workers Ralph Smith and Steve Ballenger reported suspicious items they found.
Smith on Tuesday that he found an empty gas can and strips of nylon in a trash bin. Ballenger said he previously saw Weiler with a gas can.
The two say they entered Weiler's room Thursday on the pretense of cleaning it and found more nylon and other suspicious items -- then called police.
Both say they were just doing their jobs.