- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Motel workers alert police to church bomb plot
MIAMI, Okla. -- Two Miami, Okla., maintenance workers who reported the makings of Molotov cocktails in a trash bin say they are not heroes.
Motel guest Gregory Arthur Weiler II of Elk Grove Village, Ill., was arrested for possession of an explosive device and violating Oklahoma's anti-terrorism act after motel workers Ralph Smith and Steve Ballenger reported suspicious items they found.
Smith on Tuesday that he found an empty gas can and strips of nylon in a trash bin. Ballenger said he previously saw Weiler with a gas can.
The two say they entered Weiler's room Thursday on the pretense of cleaning it and found more nylon and other suspicious items -- then called police.
Both say they were just doing their jobs.