- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Oak Ridge district wins grant
The Oak Ridge R-VI School District was selected as a $10,000 winner in the Monsanto Fund's America's Farmers Grow Rural Education grant contest. Area farmers were encouraged to nominate their public school district to apply for the grant to enhance math and science education. America's Farmers Grow Rural Education is part of a four-part initiative, which highlights the important contributions farmers make to society. Representatives from Monsanto will present a ceremonial check to Oak Ridge faculty during the Mississippi Valley Conference Volleyball Tournament, Oct. 11, at the high school.
Pertinent Address: Oak Ridge R-VI High School, 4198 State Hwy E, Oak Ridge, Mo.