Firefighters from the Cape Girardeau Fire Department investigated a smoking heating element this morning at Cape Primary Care and Immediate Convenient Care, located at the intersection of Kingshighway and Lexington Ave.
According to a spokesperson for the fire department, they were called to the scene around 8:05 a.m. in response to smoldering in the attic area. It was determined to be a part of the building's heating unit that was producing the smoke, according to Felecia Blanton, spokeswoman for Saint Francis Medical Center, which operates the facility.
No injuries were reported.
The Fire Department left the scene about 9 a.m. and has cleared Immediate Convenient Care to reopen today at 10:30 a.m.
Cape Primary Care will remain closed today, seeing patients at 3004 Gordonville Rd.
Pertinent address: 1702 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, Mo.