- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Fire destroys Cape County mobile home
A fire destroyed a mobile home in rural Cape Girardeau County, fire officials said. The lone occupant was uninjured and escaped the fire.
The call came about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, said Jerry Siemers, interim chief of the Gordonville Area Fire Protection District. Departments from Cape Girardeau, Whitewater and Millersville provided aid, Siemers said, in putting out the fire. The mobile home has a Route K address and is across from Notre Dame Regional High School.
Firefighters were called back about 4 a.m. Sunday to put out a spot that had rekindled.
Siemers would not speculate on the cause other than to confirm it was not considered suspicious and still under investigation.