- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Weapons charges filed against St. Louis man in Cape Girardeau altercation
A St. Louis man is facing a weapons charge after brandishing a firearm during a weekend altercation in Cape Girardeau, police said.
Orlando L. Johnson, 24, is charged with unlawful use of a weapon and was held at the Cape Girardeau County Jail on $7,500 bond. A court date has yet to be set, according to a search of upcoming dockets.
Johnson was originally also charged with assault after an incident that took place early Friday in the 400 block of Sheridan, according to Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey. Police responded to reports of a fight, and witnesses said three people had been fighting following a verbal argument earlier outside a business.
The fight became physical on Sheridan, when police say Johnson pulled out a firearm and made threats. Two men, including Johnson, were taken into custody, but the other was released by prosecutors pending further review.