- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
LeBounce for a Cause: Boomerang at LeBounce
LeBounce Play Centre will host Boomerang at LeBounce: Giving back bounce by bounce on Tuesday, Oct. 16, from 5 to 7 p.m. The event focuses on children with special needs and their families, with all proceeds benefiting Melaina's Magical Playland.
"LeBounce wanted to create an event dedicated to children who have special needs, but also to go beyond a night of fun to a lasting impact on the community," said Maddy Bruegging, General Manager at LeBounce in Cape Girardeau. "Melaina's Magical Playland will receive all proceeds from Boomerang at LeBounce: Giving back bounce by bounce."
Melaina's Magical Playland is an all-inclusive and fully-accessible playland under development in Cape Girardeau County. "This area is home to many children and adults with disabilities. Currently there are no other public playlands that accommodate these special needs within nearly 100 miles," said Andrea Cunningham, playland organizer and mom to the playland's namesake. "The goal of Melaina's Magical Playland is a place where people of all abilities can play and interact together. Raising awareness and funding, such as Boomerang at LeBounce events, is an incredible boost to our cause. The event will be a great night for families of children with special needs as well."
Boomerang at LeBounce: Giving back bounce by bounce includes a discounted admittance fee of $6 per child, with one FREE admittance for Bounce Buddies (limit one per child). Menu items will be available for purchase. Parental supervision is required, and participants must wear socks.
LeBounce is conveniently located inside the City Centre at 2502 Tanner Drive, and is open seven days a week, Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., with Bazooka Ball Friday and Saturday 7 to 10 p.m.