- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Notre Dame doubles team reaches Class 1 sectionals
The Notre Dame doubles team of Carly Hopkins and Reagan Kapp won the Class 1 District 1 doubles title Saturday at Notre Dame.
Hopkins and Kapp defeated Kennett's Anna Kay Hilburn and Darby Sparks in the championship match -- 6-4, 6-1 -- to qualify for Tuesday's individual sectional competition in Potosi, Mo.
The Notre Dame duo won two matches to reach the final, defeating Sikeston's Hooper/Ferrell in the quarterfinals 6-1, 6-1 and Kennett's Kelsey Washburn and Katherine White in the semifinals 6-2, 6-0.
Notre Dame's doubles team of Anna Unterreiner and Maddie Walker won a first-round match against Caruthersville's Hannah Bishop and Chara Moore 6-0, 6-1, then fell to Dexter's Alison Jarrell and Kendra Stevenson in the quarterfinals 6-4, 7-6 (3).
In singles play, Notre Dame's Adele Soutar fell to Kennett's Kara Heeb in the quarterfinals 6-4, 7-5. Soutar defeated Caruthersville's Brittany Travis in the first round 6-0, 6-1.
The Bulldogs' Emily Young lost her first-round match to Dexter's Taylor Owens in three sets.
-- From staff reports