- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
People on the move 10/8/12
Modern Woodmen rep finishes courses; two receive honors
Modern Woodmen of America representative Robert I. Houchins of Jackson has completed an educational program at Modern Woodmen's home office in Rock Island, Ill. The training program focused on helping business owners with life insurance plans, annuities and IRAs. Training also included strategies to help provide income from retirement assets and pension plans to those approaching retirement. Kelly Darby of Jackson has earned the Life Applications Leader award. Darby was new member leader in the Missouri east region in September 2012. Ken Volkerding of Jackson was named Modern Woodmen of America's district agent of the month for September.
Cape lawyer elected to state governors board
Michael Gardner has been elected to the board of governors of the Missouri Bar as the representative of the young lawyers' section. He was also re-elected to the young lawyers' section council. Gardner practices with Osburn, Hine, Yates & Murphy in Cape Girardeau.
Norman Professional Eyecare opens in Cape
Dr. Brian Norman has opened Norman Professional Eyecare at 21 Doctors' Park, Suite B. Norman provides optometric care, including detecting and treating sight threatening diseases, eye exams and corrective lenses. Norman previously worked for Sears Optical for 13 years. Norman received his doctor of optometry degree at the Indiana University School of Optometry in 1999.
Chateau Girardeau adds to administrative team
Chateau Girardeau has added Jeff Long as assistant director of marketing and administrator for the Chateau Girardeau Foundation. Long recently retired as pastor at Centenary United Methodist Church.
Wright Group fills marketing/sales post
The Wright Group of Perryville, Mo., has hired Courtney Bohnert as director of business development and customer relations. Bohnert's focus will be the southeast and central parts of Missouri. Bohnert comes to the Wright Group with 10 years of experience in marketing communications with River Eagle Distributing and Semco Stone.
-- From staff reports