- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape veterans home to receive grant
Sen. Claire McCaskill has announced the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau has received a $530,037 grant to construct a chapel, according to a Friday news release. "The veterans who stood up to protect our freedoms have earned the best possible care," McCaskill said. "This is great news for the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, which needs these resources to improve the care its residents depend on."
According to the release, McCaskill sent a letter to Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki urging him to provide the Missouri Veterans Commission's with funding that was made available through the State Veterans Home Construction Grant Program. The Veterans Association will provide improvements to veterans home.
For more information, visit http://mccaskill.senate.gov.
2400 Veterans Memorial Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701