- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Two St. Louis residents held on drug charges in Scott County
Three people from St. Louis who allegedly sold heroin to detectives late Friday evening near Sikeston High School are in custody and will face drug charges.
Thomas Wheeler, 28, Ginny Wattler, 31, and Scott McQuire, 32, were all charged with distribution of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia following their arrests by the Scott County Sheriff's Department.
Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said in a news release that his office was informed heroin was being transported between St. Louis and Sikeston, Mo., and that an undercover sting involving a sale of $600 worth of the drug to detectives led to the arrests.
Bond for each defendant has been set at $75,000 cash.