- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape Girardeau lost a tireless leader recently with the passing of former Judge Stanley Grimm. Grimm was a Missouri Court of Appeals and circuit court judge.
Grimm, 79, had earned the respect of the law community as a jurist who was both professional and impartial. He was appointed to the court of appeals when Gov. John Ashcroft, a Republican, reached across party lines to select him.
That appointment, according to Judge Stephen Limbaugh Jr., showed "that his credentials were beyond reproach."
A 1954 graduate of Northeast Missouri State Teacher's College (now Truman State University), Grimm attended the University of Missouri School of Law, where he graduated in 1959. He was admitted to the Missouri Bar the same year and practiced law in Cape Girardeau for the next 13 years until his election as circuit court judge.
Grimm also served as past president of the board of trustees at Southeast Hospital and was on the board of directors of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Southeast Missouri and the Greater Cape Girardeau Development Corp. He was also an active member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau with his wife, Jane, who survives at the home.
We remember Judge Grimm for being not just a model and noble citizen, but an exceptional leader with sound judgment and a desire to make our society fair and wholesome. He will be missed.
We offer our condolences to the Grimm family.