- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mary Rosalie Layton, 98, of Perryville died Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012, at Independence Care Center in Perryville.
She was born Dec. 31, 1913, at Ste. Genevieve, Mo., daughter of Thomas and Josephine Thomure Tlapek. She and Melvin P. Layton were married July 2, 1946.
Layton was a member of St. Ann Sodality in St. Mary, Mo., Royal Neighbors of America and VFW Auxillary Post 2210.
Survivors include two sons, Stanley and Don Layton of Perryville; a daughter, Patricia Berkbigler of Perryville; seven grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Basler Funeral Home in St. Mary.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immaculate Conception Church in St. Mary. The Rev. Richard Kasznel will officiate, with burial in Immaculate Conception Cemetery in St. Maryo.
Memorials can be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.