- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Katherine Francis Spangler, 76, of Strattanville, Pa., formerly of Chaffee, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012, at Clarion Community Hospital in Clarion, Pa.
She was born July 14, 1936, in Chaffee, to Walter William and Grace F. Shores Ancell. Katherine married Robert E. Spangler Oct. 11, 2002.
Spangler was a member of Cape First Church in Cape Girardeau, and attended First Baptist Church of Clarion.
Survivors include her husband, Robert Spangler of Strattanville; a son, Kenneth (Lynda) Overfield of Wake Forest, N.C.; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and a brother, Hadden (Barbara) Ancell of Holt Summit, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a son, Richard Overfield.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Mark Graham officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.