- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Trial in death of Caruthersville officer moved to St. Charles
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- The man accused of killing a Caruthersville police officer will face trial in St. Charles.
KFVS12 reported that the location for the first-degree murder trial of Deonta Williamson was moved Wednesday on a change of venue. Williamson, of suburban St. Louis, is accused in the death of officer Evan Burns.
Authorities say Williamson was fleeing police in a stolen SUV in August 2011 when he collided with the squad car driven by Burns.
Williamson's mother says he is mentally ill.