- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
It will be a busy weekend for area events. Here are a few for your consideration:n Today is the annual Saint Francis Medical Center Business Health Summit. The keynote speaker is Jeff Skiles, the co-pilot of the US Airways Flight that made an emergency landing on the Hudson River on Jan. 15, 2009. The summit is geared toward human resources professionals, safety officers and risk management personnel. It will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Saint Francis Conference Center. There is no cost to attend. Those who have not already registered may do so at the door as space allows.
* Tonight the River Campus will host "Titanic: The Musical." As of Thursday morning only 140-plus tickets remained. The musical starts at 7:30 p.m. in the Bedell Performance Hall. To purchase tickets, call 651-2265 or go to rivercampusevents.com.
* Saturday night the University Players will host a cabaret and silent auction. The silent auction begins at 6:30 p.m. with the performance to follow at 7 p.m. Wine, cheese and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Proceeds benefit the University Players' organization and the Cape River Heritage Museum. Tickets are available by calling 901-830-5325 or can be purchased at the door. The show will be held at 538 Independence in Cape Girardeau.
These are just a few events on the weekend docket. To read about others, check out SE Live in today's paper and online at semoevents.com.