- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
It will be a busy weekend for area events. Here are a few for your consideration:n Today is the annual Saint Francis Medical Center Business Health Summit. The keynote speaker is Jeff Skiles, the co-pilot of the US Airways Flight that made an emergency landing on the Hudson River on Jan. 15, 2009. The summit is geared toward human resources professionals, safety officers and risk management personnel. It will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Saint Francis Conference Center. There is no cost to attend. Those who have not already registered may do so at the door as space allows.
* Tonight the River Campus will host "Titanic: The Musical." As of Thursday morning only 140-plus tickets remained. The musical starts at 7:30 p.m. in the Bedell Performance Hall. To purchase tickets, call 651-2265 or go to rivercampusevents.com.
* Saturday night the University Players will host a cabaret and silent auction. The silent auction begins at 6:30 p.m. with the performance to follow at 7 p.m. Wine, cheese and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Proceeds benefit the University Players' organization and the Cape River Heritage Museum. Tickets are available by calling 901-830-5325 or can be purchased at the door. The show will be held at 538 Independence in Cape Girardeau.
These are just a few events on the weekend docket. To read about others, check out SE Live in today's paper and online at semoevents.com.