- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
It will be a busy weekend for area events. Here are a few for your consideration:n Today is the annual Saint Francis Medical Center Business Health Summit. The keynote speaker is Jeff Skiles, the co-pilot of the US Airways Flight that made an emergency landing on the Hudson River on Jan. 15, 2009. The summit is geared toward human resources professionals, safety officers and risk management personnel. It will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Saint Francis Conference Center. There is no cost to attend. Those who have not already registered may do so at the door as space allows.
* Tonight the River Campus will host "Titanic: The Musical." As of Thursday morning only 140-plus tickets remained. The musical starts at 7:30 p.m. in the Bedell Performance Hall. To purchase tickets, call 651-2265 or go to rivercampusevents.com.
* Saturday night the University Players will host a cabaret and silent auction. The silent auction begins at 6:30 p.m. with the performance to follow at 7 p.m. Wine, cheese and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Proceeds benefit the University Players' organization and the Cape River Heritage Museum. Tickets are available by calling 901-830-5325 or can be purchased at the door. The show will be held at 538 Independence in Cape Girardeau.
These are just a few events on the weekend docket. To read about others, check out SE Live in today's paper and online at semoevents.com.