- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
It will be a busy weekend for area events. Here are a few for your consideration:n Today is the annual Saint Francis Medical Center Business Health Summit. The keynote speaker is Jeff Skiles, the co-pilot of the US Airways Flight that made an emergency landing on the Hudson River on Jan. 15, 2009. The summit is geared toward human resources professionals, safety officers and risk management personnel. It will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Saint Francis Conference Center. There is no cost to attend. Those who have not already registered may do so at the door as space allows.
* Tonight the River Campus will host "Titanic: The Musical." As of Thursday morning only 140-plus tickets remained. The musical starts at 7:30 p.m. in the Bedell Performance Hall. To purchase tickets, call 651-2265 or go to rivercampusevents.com.
* Saturday night the University Players will host a cabaret and silent auction. The silent auction begins at 6:30 p.m. with the performance to follow at 7 p.m. Wine, cheese and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Proceeds benefit the University Players' organization and the Cape River Heritage Museum. Tickets are available by calling 901-830-5325 or can be purchased at the door. The show will be held at 538 Independence in Cape Girardeau.
These are just a few events on the weekend docket. To read about others, check out SE Live in today's paper and online at semoevents.com.